Thursday, February 02, 2006

Keyline Design and Terraforming

Keyline_Design has become a focal point for integrating the topography of a site into where I want to go with the Lone Oak - Perkins Creek project (37.052985,-88.699493) and the things I'm planning for out here in Ballard county, even inside LaCenter (37.052985,-88.699493). I've always had a sense that the computerized model would have to start with the original topography and build up and down from there. I recently found The Keyline Plan by P. A. Yeomans. Yeomans was a mining engineer and evidently studied the dynamics of soil, sunlight and rainfall. His definition of the keypoint, keyline, and other contour features aligns well with my thinking on watershed management techniques.

A significant contribution to the Permaculture world is hoped to be my tractor-trawler rig for managing watersheds using Yeomans' keyline principle but extending the ridge/valley contour mapping toward terraforming along blue line creek beds.

The system might include a keyline styled plow and a set of attachments for terraforming using what I call hydrologic tools. The biofuel-powered tractor will have PTOs for pumping water and conveying solids with minimum stress to the lifeforms dwelling in the soil and water. The result will be richer soil and healthier streams for supporting agriculture and aquaculture.

I'm going to try to get the OzoneFarm server cloud9 back on line soon, so ya'll can see the rest of the documentation. It may be June before I can get OzoneFarm.net back up. The url will be cloud9.ozonefarm.net when we get it all aligned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home